What’s New MMT Family? So glad to greet you again in this new year! 2013 was great for this site, and I’ve declared that 2014 will be even greater! And one of the things that I most love about the new year is when the creative communities gather to celebrate and honor those people and works they consider to be great. So to make sure you have a heads up, here’s a list of dates and times for the most popular award ceremonies:
- People’s Choice Awards – the 40th annual show, which honors the best in television, film and music according to public vote, will air Wednesday, January 8th at 9pm EST on CBS. Hosting this year are Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs from the CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls.
- Golden Globe Awards – the 71st annual show airs Sunday, January 12th at 8pm EST on NBC. Hosted again this year by comedy duo Tina Fey (30 Rock) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation), highlights will include actor, director and writer Woody Allen (Blue Jasmine, To Rome With Love) receiving the Cecil B. DeMille lifetime achievement award.
- Screen Actors Guild Awards – the 20th annual SAG awards will air live Saturday, January 18th on both TBS and TNT at 8pm EST, with lifetime achievement award honors going to the legendary Rita Moreno.
- Grammy Awards – airing Sunday, January 26th at 8pm EST on CBS, the show’s previous February date was changed to avoid conflict with the 2014 Winter Olympics. This year’s award ceremony will again be hosted by rapper/actor LL Cool J (Grudge Match, NCIS: Los Angeles).
- NAACP Image Awards – the 45th annual ceremony, celebrating the best performances and outstanding achievements of people of color in the arts, has a new telecast home at TV One and will air live Saturday, February 22nd at 9pm EST.
- BET Honors – this award ceremony pays tribute to distinguished Africans Americans performing at exceptional levels in the areas of music, literature, entertainment, media, service and education. The show is scheduled to air on BET Networks on Monday, February 24 at 9PM EST with first-time host Wayne Brady (Let’s Make A Deal, How I Met Your Mother).
- Academy Awards – the 86th annual Oscars will air Sunday, March 2nd at 7pm EST on ABC. This year’s show will be hosted by academy veteran Ellen DeGeneres (The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Ellen). Highlights will include actress Angelina Jolie (The Tourist, Salt) receiving the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her philanthropic work.
Alright family, that’s the skinny through March and it should be enough of a heads up for those who enjoy the award season as much as I do! And you know the drill, leave a thought or two in the comments and let me know what you’ll be watching. 🙂
Until next thought, Thomasena