Happy Tuesday MMT Fam! Here’s another list of recommendations featuring TV, online and streaming suggestions that you and/or the family can enjoy from home, or at a reasonable social-distance. And I’m still sharing events and cool posts on Instagram and/or the MMT Facebook page throughout the week, so hit those hyperlinks, give me a follow, and don’t forget to share the wealth with others.
- Our friends over at Vision Films are inviting you to join them in celebrating the 50th anniversary of Muhammad Ali’s return to the ring in the 1970 Ali vs. Quarry fight that took place in Atlanta that year. They are giving a sneak peek at ALI’S COMEBACK the untold story on October 26 4pm PT/ 7pm ET. With a Q & A with special invited guests afterwards. You can register at cya.live (it’s recommended you use Chrome) for FREE. You can get additional information about the film at the official website aliscomebackllc.com. It will be released on VOD via streaming and cable platforms and in all major retail outlets in the US and Canada on December 1.
- This Saturday, October 24, Grammy award winning singer Macy Gray will host the inaugural Halloween Bingo Bash fundraiser, to raise funds for MyGood.org, the non-profit organization dedicated to support the families of victims of police brutality as they face many unfortunate challenges after the death of a loved one. The foundation helps ensure that families directly impacted by police brutality get the needed emotional and financial support as they move forward. To sign up for Bingo and to make donations to MyGood.org, you can visit MyGood.org or its Facebook page. Tickets start at $25. All donations made are tax exempt in the U.S.
- Our friends at the Philadelphia Film Society are continuing virtual streaming offerings of newly released and recommended films, including titles like “12 Hour Shift,” “My Name is Pedro,” “The Disrupted,” “Blackbird,” “Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President,” and “I Am Woman.” You can get additional information about all these events and more at the PFS website here.
- PFS is also continuing to offer drive-in movie options at the Philadelphia Naval Yard. Current selections include Maybe Next Year, Rocky, and 40 Years A Prisoner, with the latter being a must see and I will be sharing my review soon! Click the hyperlinks for each respective film’s info and click here to see the full line-up through November 2.
- ABC stations across the country are airing a five-part docuseries, “Our America: Living While Black,” Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 23 with a different series premiering each day, culminating into an hour-long documentary that airs on Sunday, Oct. 25. Viewers can tune in to their local ABC newscast to watch extraordinary personal journeys of Black families and individuals across America rising above obstacles and pushing through systemic racism to achieve personal and professional success. These families and individuals will tell their stories in their voices.
- Our friends at the Wizard World Virtual Experience have released additional schedule info as follows: Saturday, October 24, it’s “The Brady Bunch” star Barry Williams getting groovy at 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT. Then on Sunday, October 25, at 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT it’s “Rogue One” standouts Guy Henry, Valene Kane, Aidan Cook, Angus Wright and Russell Balogh. On Halloween, October 31, get spooky with “Game of Thrones” headliners Julian Glover, Ian McElhinney, Ian Beattie, Clive Russell, Miltos Yerolemou and Murray McArthur at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT. November continues strong with “Starship Troopers” Casper Van Dien, Dina Meyer and Jake Busey on Saturday, November 7 at 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT, followed the next day, Monday, November 8, with Brande Roderick and Angelica Bridges from “Baywatch” saving the day at 1 pm ET / 10 am PT. These live Q&A panels are FREE for fans to view (on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube) and submit questions in text chat. Separately fans may purchase live video chat sessions, recorded videos and autographs. During each session, the celebrities will participate in a free live moderated video Q&A, followed by one-on-one video chats, recorded videos and autographs that are available to purchase. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment, obtain additional info and purchase tickets at wizardworld.com/comiccon.
- Lastly, Wizard World also has two virtual quiz event offerings as follows: first it’s the triumphant (for one smart winner) return of “Last Fan Standing,” the nerdy trivia show hosted by Bruce Campbell, on Thursday, November 12 beginning at 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT ($10 to play, free to watch). The next, equally geeky WizQuiz trivia with Wizard World’s own MikeGDoesThings on Thursday, October 22 at 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT. And fans can look for scheduled re-watch parties of select celebrity panels during the week as well and get ticket purchase info at wizardworld.com/comiccon.
That’s it for now family! Until next thought, Thomasena