Hey MMT Fam! Here is week 25’s virtual list featuring TV, online and streaming suggestions that you and/or the family can enjoy from home, or at a reasonable social-distance. I’m still sharing events and cool posts on Instagram and/or the MMT Facebook page throughout the week, so hit those hyperlinks, give me a follow, and don’t forget to share the wealth with others!
- Our friends at the Philadelphia Film Society are continuing virtual streaming offerings of newly released and recommended films, including titles like “Blackbird,” “Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President,” and “I Am Woman.” You can get additional information about all these events and more at the PFS website here.
- The 16th Annual DC JazzFest will stream live from our Nation’s Capital starting Thursday, September 24 through Monday, September 28, and present world-class jazz programming on a global stage for the very first time. The lineup includes some of the biggest names in jazz and showcases international superstars alongside some exciting, DC grown talent. You can sign up/RSVP for the FREE festival here. Donations are requested, not required, and and all funds collected will support the DCJF Music Education Program.
- The 63rd Monterey Jazz Festival is going virtual this year on its YouTube channel Friday, September 25 through Sunday, September 27. This is also a FREE event, requesting donations of which 100% will be donated to support the Thurgood Marshall College Fund, the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and jazz artists featured at the Virtual Festival.
- The Bonnaroo Festival is presenting Virtual Roo-ality, a FREE three day festival streaming on its YouTube channel September 24th through the 26th. The event will feature both archived and new performances, and donations collected during the weekend will support the Bonnaroo Works Fund, whose mission is to foster community, creativity, and positive influence, HeadCount.org, and the ACLU. Get additional info a the official website here.
- Live Nation is still helping you get your music fix with its #LiveFromHome recommendations featuring live albums, exclusive music and curated playlists from many of your favorite artists. You can click here to go to the official website and sign up for daily livestreams from artists around the globe.
- Lastly, our friends at the Wizard World Virtual Experience have released additional schedule info as follows: Thursday, September 24, rock on with “Legends of Rock ‘n Roll” Mary Wilson (The Supremes), CJ Ramone and Richie Ramone (The Ramones), Sean McNabb (Quiet Riot) and Vinny Appice (Black Sabbath) at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT. Then on Friday, September 25, it’s 1975 Disney feature “Escape to Witch Mountain” child stars Kim Richards and Ike Eisenmann all grown up, beginning at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. On Saturday, September 26, the World of Wrestling slams back onto the screen with Rob Van Dam, D-Von Dudley, Barbie Blank, Lisa Marie Varon and Lilian Garcia at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT. Next month gets going, appropriately enough, with “October Faction” stars Tamara Taylor, JC MacKenzie, Aurora Burghart, Gabriel Darku and Maxim Roy at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT. And later in the month, “Blue Mountain State” goes deep with Darin Brooks, Alan Ritchson, Chris Romano, Ed Marinaro, Sam Jones III and Page Kennedy on Sunday, October 18 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. These live Q&A panels are FREE for fans to view (on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube) and submit questions in text chat. Separately fans may purchase live video chat sessions, recorded videos and autographs. During each session, the celebrities will participate in a free live moderated video Q&A, followed by one-on-one video chats, recorded videos and autographs that are available to purchase. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment, obtain additional info and purchase tickets at wizardworld.com/comiccon.
That’s it for now MMT Fam. Until next thought, Thomasena