Music Movie Family how goes things? I want to first take a moment to encourage anyone reading this, who lives in NY or LA near select theaters, to go see Fruitvale Station this weekend! The film opens nationwide Friday July 26, and next Friday here in the Philly area, but is playing in select theaters in those states listed as of the 12th. You can see which theaters are currently showing “Fruitvale Station” at http://www.fruitvalefilm.com/pages/buy-tickets, and check back here next week to read my interview with writer/director Ryan Coogler.
Now, on to some very surprising and cool news! MusicMoviesThoughts was acknowledged by fellow writer Pat Garcia with a nomination and subsequent win for the Versatile Blogger Award! Pat is a wonderfully insightful writer, and I take many inspirational tidbits from her site. She also is a huge supporter of MMT and, as she currently resides in Germany, often leaves wonderful comments about music and film recommendations she has received from this site. Make sure to check her out, and give her a follow, at garciaanddigitaltechnology.com.
So the rules are, once you’re nominated, you must also nominate other great bloggers you follow and list 7 things about yourself. As to the former, I nominate the following:
- Alex Catalano, and his beautiful wife Ahesha Catalano, who dole out great motivational info at alexandercatalano.wordpress.com
- LeAnne Lindsay with her wonderful film and food thoughts at www.tinseltine.com
- Raani York who makes my life with her cat diaries and letters to celebrities at raaniyork.wordpress.com
As for 7 things about me…(crosses fingers, breathes and types):
- I have 2 male cats that I adore and call my “furry gangstas” (don’t judge me, LOL!)
- I routinely follow and sign petitions for The Innocence Project, Amnesty International, and Change.org
- My FAVORITE film of all time is Sparkle (1976) starring Irene Cara and Philip Michael Thomas
- I love to cook and entertain friends
- I love gardening
- I love Dance Central 2 on Xbox (I kill “The Breaks,” LOL!)
- I have Multiple Sclerosis and am an advocate and supporter of MS Awareness
Alright Pat Garcia, I’ve disclosed enough so look for your pop quiz on Twitter ;). Okay MMT family, remember to support “Fruitvale Station,” click on any of the charity links above for more information, and check out those freelance writer recommendations given. Lastly, thanks to everyone for your continued support of this site. And if your on Facebook, take a quick second and like the new MusicMoviesThoughts page!
Until next thought family, Thomasena