Hey MMT Fam! Here is week 18’s virtual list featuring TV, online and streaming suggestions that you and/or the family can enjoy from home. I’m still sharing events and cool posts on Instagram and/or the MMT Facebook page throughout the week, so hit those hyperlinks, give me a follow, and don’t forget to share the wealth with others!
- The iconic music artist Brandy released her seventh studio album, b7, on Friday after an eight year hiatus. Executive produced by her along with DJ Camper and LaShawn Daniels, the album is a 15-track confessional – and also her most personal to date as she debuts her songwriting skills for the first time in her career. b7 also features Daniel Caesar on the Grammy award-nominated single “Love Again,” Chance The Rapper, and her daughter Sy-rai Smith who appears on the single “High Heels” and background vocals for “Baby Mama.” The album is available now at all physical and digital retailers. “Borderline” is also at radio now and follows her single, “Baby Mama,” which is currently Top 10 on Billboard’s Adult R&B Songs chart. You can watch the video for “Baby Mama,” ft. Chance the Rapper, here. You can also check out the listening party Brandy had for the album release below and subscribe to her YouTube channel for more great content here.
- Our friends at the Philadelphia Film Society are continuing virtual streaming offerings of newly released and recommended films, including titles like “The Fight” (discussed last week on MMT), “John Lewis: Good Trouble,” “Flannery,” and “Amulet.” PFS is also highly recommending its “Revolutionary” pick of the week – the 2016 hit film “Hidden Figures” that tells the untold story of Katherine G. Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson who were collectively the NASA computers that served as the brains behind the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit. Click here to find out where you can rent/view the film and get additional information about all these events and more at the PFS website here.
- The Relationship between the African American Museum of Philadelphia and the National Museum of American Jewish History – and what it means for the community – will be explored in Shared Histories co-presented by both on Wednesday, August 5 at 4pm. The event is free with registration (click here) and connection information for the Zoom-hosted program will be emailed prior to the event.
- Our friends at The Kimmel Cultural Campus are excited to announce that they are one of sixteen, nonprofit, performing arts centers co-presenting a COVID19 relief fund concert featuring award-winning Broadway star Christopher Jackson, best known as the original General George Washington in the hit musical Hamilton. The virtual concert will take place on Saturday, August 15th, at 8 pm, and the Kimmel will begin taking donations ($40+) on August the 4th. Click here to get additional information and purchase tickets.
- Live Nation is still helping you get your music fix with its #LiveFromHome recommendations featuring live albums and curated playlists from many of your favorite artists. You can click here to go to the official website and sign up for daily livestreams from artists around the globe.
- Lastly, our friends at the Wizard World Virtual Experience have released additional schedule info as follows: Sunday, August 2, Micky Dolenz, “The Monkees” · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
· Sunday, August 2 · Fandoms Anonymous · 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT
· Tuesday, August 4, “Vampire Diaries,” Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, David Alpay, Micah Parker · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
· Tuesday, August 4 · Pop artist Blake Jamieson · 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
· Thursday, August 6 · WizQuiz · 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
· Saturday, August 8, “LEGO Masters,” The Newlyweds: Tyler and Amy Clites; The Bearded Builders: Boone Langston and Mark Cruickshank; The Eccentrics: Samuel and Jessica Ragzy Ewud · 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT
· Saturday, August 22, “Smallville,” Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance, Laura Vandervoort, Sam Witwer · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT. These live Q&A panels are FREE for fans to view (on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube) and submit questions in text chat. Separately fans may purchase live video chat sessions, recorded videos and autographs. During each session, the celebrities will participate in a free live moderated video Q&A, followed by one-on-one video chats, recorded videos and autographs that are available to purchase. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment, obtain additional info and purchase tickets at wizardworld.com/comiccon.
That’s it for now fam. Until next thought, Thomasena