Happy Sunday #MMT Fam! I’m back, refreshed and ready to write. 🙂 So, due to the bday vacay and Labor Day weekend, it’s been three weeks since I’ve last posted a #ThingsToDoFromHome list. I hope everyone already has that Patti Labelle and Gladys Knight #Verzuz battle on their to-do lists for this evening! If you’re following me on Instagram and/or the MMT Facebook page throughout the week, you already had that heads up for tonight – so hit those hyperlinks, give me a follow, and don’t forget to share the wealth with others!
- Our friends at the Philadelphia Film Society are continuing virtual streaming offerings of newly released and recommended films, including titles like “Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President,” “I Am Woman,” “The Prey,” and “The 24th” which is based on the true story of the all-black Twenty-Fourth United States Infantry Regiment and the Houston Riot of 1917. You can get additional information about all these events and more at the PFS website here.
- Live Nation is still helping you get your music fix with its #LiveFromHome recommendations featuring live albums, exclusive music and curated playlists from many of your favorite artists. You can click here to go to the official website and sign up for daily livestreams from artists around the globe.
- Lastly, our friends at the Wizard World Virtual Experience have released additional schedule info as follows: · Thursday, September 17, Omarosa · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
· Friday, September 18, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Daphne Maxwell Reid, Karyn Parsons, Tatyana Ali · 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
· Saturday, September 19, Jeff Pearlman, author, Three Ring Circus · 11:45 a.m. ET / 8:45 a.m. PT
These live Q&A panels are FREE for fans to view (on Twitch, Facebook, YouTube) and submit questions in text chat. Separately fans may purchase live video chat sessions, recorded videos and autographs. During each session, the celebrities will participate in a free live moderated video Q&A, followed by one-on-one video chats, recorded videos and autographs that are available to purchase. Fans can interact with Wizard Entertainment, obtain additional info and purchase tickets at wizardworld.com/comiccon
A short list, but I’ll try to scout out some good, and more inclusive family, stuff for next week!
Until next thought, Thomasena
PS: #TeamPatti!!!! Philly all day Y’all!!!!